Search This Blog

Top 4 Deepest Black and White Photography Quotes Ever Said

In the '70s, in Britain, if you were going to do serious photography, you were obliged to work in black-and-white. Color was the palette of commercial photography and snapshot photography. Martin Parr


Top 4 Deepest Black and White Photography Quotes Ever Said

Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected. Robert Frank

Black-and-white photography, which I was doing in the very early days, was essentially called art photography and usually consisted of landscapes by people like Ansel Adams and Edward Weston. But photographs by people like Adams didn't interest me. William Eggleston


Top 4 Deepest Black and White Photography Quotes Ever Said

In the history of photography, we have many masterpieces in terms of black and white books. You have Bresson's 'Decisive Moment,' Frank's 'The Americans'... many masterpieces. But there is nothing to this caliber in color. Well, I think I'll waltz with my muse and hope that I might be able to produce something on this order in color. Ralph Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.